Skip to main content

Norah Flatley Retires From Elite

It's a sad day for the gymternet.

Norah Flatley, once prominent junior gymnast for Team USA has announced she is stepping down from elite.

Norah, who trains with legendary coach, Liang Chow, announced her plans via Instagram. Norah will finish her club career out in Level 10 before she starts her NCAA career at UCLA in the fall of 2018.



What an amazing journey it's been. I've been extremely blessed to have done elite gymnastics these past 5 years. I am truly grateful for USA gymnastics for giving me the opportunity to represent Team USA in international competitions. I definitely could not have reached the top level of this sport without an amazing support system behind me. My parents have been my number one fans through the ups and downs. They have sacrificed so much to give me the opportunity to achieve my goals. I love you both with all my heart❤️ And to Chow and Li, I can not put into words the gratitude I have for you both. They have been like second parents to me and shaped me into the person and gymnast I am today. Thank you for always believing in me and helping me achieve my dreams. Thank you for pushing me every single day to be the best I can be. Thank you for teaching me to always have high standards in everything I do. Even after all the injuries you both have stayed by my side and given me confidence that I can come back from any obstacle that is put in front of me. I am forever grateful for my coaches.❤️ I would love for everyone to know that I will be retiring from elite gymnastics. I can't wait to finish one more year as a level 10 with my amazing Chow's team! I am so excited to be joining the UCLA team next year to represent the most amazing school💙💛. Thank you all for the love and support through the years, I absolutely can't wait to see what the next chapter holds💗
A post shared by Norah Flatley (@norah_flatley) on


Norah debuted on the international gymnastics scene as a junior in 2013, winning beam at the 2013 Secret Classic and taking 2nd on beam at the P&G National Championships, earning a spot on the US Junior National Team.

In 2014,  she was named to the junior Pacific Rim Championhips team for the US and took home another gold medal on beam. Norah officially turned senior in 2016 and was expected to make a bid for the 2016 Rio Olympic team, but it never came to fruition, as Norah was apparently dealing with injuries.

While Norah is closing the door on her elite career, she can look forward to a new chapter with NCAA gymnastics.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elise Ray Officially Named Washington Head Coach

Elise Ray, 2000 Olympic Bronze Medalist,  US National Champion, NCAA champion, has been named the head coach at the University of Washington's gymnastics program, following the retirement of longtime head coach, Joanne Bowers.

Peyton Ernst Transfers to Alabama

 Peyton Ernst announced that she's transferred to the University of Alabama to complete her education and to continue her college gymnastics career.

Kyla Ross Out of Worlds Selection

Kyla Ross has ended her bid for a  spot on a third world championship team and withdrawn from worlds selection camp for the world championships in Glasgow, Great Britain. USA Gymnastics released a statement earlier today confirming Kyla's withdrawal from the selection camp, which starts Oct. 6th.